Thursday, June 11, 2009

Made it!

I know that so far this has not been much of a learning blog, but I hope that the story so far has been interesting!

Last night we spent the night (the second one awake) on a ferry crossing the Aegean Sea. Here is a map of the ferry routes. Can you find Athens? Samos? Kusadisi, Turkey? We were on one ferry from before dinner until 6 am. Then we stopped at Samos, had breakfast, and moved to a different ferry. I have to say, it was memorable. Here is a picture of the moon rising over one of the islands that we stopped at.
and the sun rising at a different port in the morning.

Now we are at the Hotel Akai in Selcuk, Turkey. This is the town closest to the archaeological site Ephesus. I highly recommend it if you ever come here! The people are friendly, the rooms are clean, and it has a great pool.

I just took a shower, slept 6 hours and now I am up and hungry! Tomorrow we move to a different hotel and then on Saturday we begin meeting with the group we will be traveling with. The Network for the Study of Early Christianity in its Greco-Roman Context.

3 comments:

  1. Janice,
    I am so glad you made it! Enjoy your trip. :-)
    Stephanie Hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can catch up on your rest. Mom says get some support hose for the flights so your feet won't swell. I don't think I want to have an adventure that badly!! Did you lose any luggage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the luggage made it. All I had to do was to have a regular night's sleep and my ankles have been fine!

    ReplyDelete