Wednesday, June 10, 2009

THIS IS AN ADVENTURE! WE ARE HAVING FUN!

If I say it often enough will it be true? The trip becomes longer and longer

On the morning of Tuesday, June 9th at 9:45 am we left the house for the airport in Austin, TX. Our flight was supposed to be taking off at 11:30. Unfortunately when we got there we learned that there had been a lightening storm in Newark, NJ where we were supposed to be transferring for our Athens flight and so everything was delayed. After a long wait in line an attendent rerouted our flight so that now we went from Austin-Newark-Frankfurt-Athens.

That change made it so that we now missed our flight from Athens to Samos and therefore the ferry to Turkey (Kushadisi).

As I write it is 9:45 pm on Wednesday, June 10, 2009. It has now been more than 24 hours since that time and I am sitting with my foot up on Steve’s lap because it is swollen. We are in an overnight ferry on our way to Sam
os from Athens. There is a Jackie Chan movie playing on a screen at the front of the room in English with Greek subtitles and I can hear cell phones going off, people speaking Greek (I assume that is the language they are speaking) and the rumble of the engine on the ferry.

All along the way I have been collecting pictures and sounds of my experience. I am posting them here for your interest and amusement. We still have the all night ferry ride, a taxi from one side of Samos to the other, another 2 hour ferry to Kushadisi, and finally another taxi drive to our hotel and finally a bed. The professor says, “I owe you one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment