Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Today is the Day!

Hard to believe, but the day is here! Our house-sitter is coming at 9:45 and taking us to the airport. My carry ons are scattered over the floor. Our flight to Newark, NJ leaves at 11. We fly from there to Athens, Greece and then to Samos (one of those beautiful Greek Islands... but alas we only have a lay over there). Then take a ferry over to Ismir and a taxi to the hotel we are staying at in Selcuk. Then we crash for a while.



We should arrive in Selcuk sometime on Wednesday evening. (It is Tuesday morning). When I say we will be traveling for 24 ho
urs the professor says not to exaggerate that it is more like 20 hours .... I say ... whatever.

Selcuk (pronounced Selchuk) is the modern town closest to Ephesus which is an incredible archaeological site. I am posting a picture I took from there when I was there a few summers ago.

3 comments:

  1. Janice,

    Have SOOO much fun! Be safe and eat lots of snacks for me. :-) -Stephanie Hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a good site that shows panoramic views of the archeological sites in Ephesus: http://www.sailturkey.com/panoramas/ephesus/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie,

    I am doing my best with the snacks. We have gone through some (not all) rainbow licorice, dark chocolate m and m's, sesame sticks, and some gummy peaches. I will return 10 lbs heavier! But it makes the time go by.

    Janice

    Thanks for the website Susie. When I am not running out of power I will look at it!

    ReplyDelete