Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Seven more Days to go

7 More Days

This is not a traditional countdown where you get to ZERO Blast Off. I counted June 1 as 9 days because we leave on the 9th. When we reach 1 it is the day that I leave. My school ended last Friday. I am in training for teachers until tomorrow (Thursday) and then I will do last minute, serious preparation.

For example, I need to get snacks for the long plane rides. Do you have any suggestions? I have been thinking of red licorice for one thing.


Also, I want to get a few books to read along the way. I would love some suggestions of good novels to read.




Then there is downloading some music to my iPhone. Finally, I will need to send out a reminder that the trip is beginning. For me it seems like the main thing that is happening, but I know that for everyone else it is very unimportant. There are probably some things I am forgetting.... Can you help?

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Janice-
    I'm excited for you! I think the anticipation and planning is as much fun as the trip. I have kind of an offbeat musical taste and I might be able to give you some listening suggestions. Can you give me some clues about what you like to listen to?

    BTW, did you get my email about Skyping from your trip for a class I'm taking with a bunch of social studies teachers from Vermont?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, Love the red licorice! As far as books, I use Stanza on my itouch to download books to read. There are many 'free' books. We, Seedlings, would have to recommend the audio book Tribes! Have fun.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Stanza! I forgot all about it! Thanks Cheryl.

    Also, Bob, by now I hope you have gotten my response. I am so excited about the whole idea. I can't wait to hear more. I have very eclectic tastes in music-Here are some of my favorite albums to give you an idea:
    IZ World (Israel Kamakawiwaole)
    Lila Downs
    The Bad Plus
    Greg Brown
    Arvo Part
    James McMurtry
    Eliza Gilkeson
    Buena Vista Social Club
    Norma Jones
    etc...

    I have tried to think of things that are not the same to give you an idea. Punk Rock and Rap are OK, but I don't really enjoy listening to them!

    Thanks for the help!

    Janice

    ReplyDelete